Papua New Guinea Oil
Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Papua New Guinea
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Papua New Guinea holds 180,249,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 57th in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Papua New Guinea has proven reserves equivalent to 13.3 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 13 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 57th
| Share of World: 0.01 %
13 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Papua New Guinea
Oil Consumption in Papua New Guinea
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Papua New Guinea consumes 37,001 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Papua New Guinea ranks 114th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.0% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Papua New Guinea consumes 0.19 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 8,271,762 people), or 69 gallons per capita per year (2 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Papua New Guinea
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Papua New Guinea produces
56,074.80 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 60th in the world.
- Papua New Guinea produces every year an amount equivalent to 11.4% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
Oil Imports and Exports
- Papua New Guinea does not import nor exports any Oil (as of 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production