United Kingdom Oil
Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in the United Kingdom
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
The United Kingdom holds 2,754,685,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 30th in the world and accounting for about
0.2% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
The United Kingdom has proven reserves equivalent to 4.8 times its annual consumption. This means that, without imports, there would be about 5 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 30th
| Share of World: 0.17 %
5 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in the United Kingdom
Oil Consumption in the United Kingdom
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- The United Kingdom consumes 1,583,896 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- The United Kingdom ranks 15th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 1.6% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- The United Kingdom consumes 1.00 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 66,297,944 people), or 366 gallons per capita per year (9 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in the United Kingdom
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- The United Kingdom produces
1,083,928.37 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 19th in the world.
- The United Kingdom produces every year an amount equivalent to 14.4% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- The United Kingdom imports 11% of its oil consumption (177,443 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production