(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
| ||Barrels per Day ||Global Rank |
| ||150,147 ||39th in the world |
| ||1,236,628 ||19th in the world |
| -1,086,482 || |
|1,217,209 || |
|16,717 || |
| ||1,200,492 || |
Oil Reserves in Italy
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Italy holds 579,232,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 47th in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Italy has proven reserves equivalent to 1.3 times its annual consumption. This means that, without imports, there would be about 1 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 47th
| Share of World: 0.04 %
1 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Italy
Oil Consumption in Italy
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Italy consumes 1,236,628 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Italy ranks 19th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 1.3% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Italy consumes 0.86 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 60,663,060 people), or 313 gallons per capita per year (7 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Italy
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Italy produces
150,146.86 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 39th in the world.
- Italy produces every year an amount equivalent to 9.5% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Italy imports 97% of its oil consumption (1,200,492 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production