Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Greece
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Greece holds 10,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 90th in the world and accounting for about
0.001% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Total Oil Reserves in Greece are less than even a single year of oil consumption (108,076,899 barrels as of 2016), making Greece highly dependent on oil imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Global Rank: 90th
| Share of World: 0.001 %
0 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Greece
Oil Consumption in Greece
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Greece consumes 296,101 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Greece ranks 44th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.3% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Greece consumes 1.17 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 10,615,185 people), or 428 gallons per capita per year (10 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Greece
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Greece produces
15,748.13 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 84th in the world.
- Greece produces every year an amount equivalent to 57.5% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Greece imports 159% of its oil consumption (469,344 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production