Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Ghana
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Ghana holds 660,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 43rd in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Ghana has proven reserves equivalent to 20.5 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 21 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 43rd
| Share of World: 0.04 %
21 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Ghana
Oil Consumption in Ghana
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Ghana consumes 88,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Ghana ranks 84th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.1% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Ghana consumes 0.13 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 28,481,945 people), or 47 gallons per capita per year (1 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Ghana
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Ghana produces
99,113.66 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 49th in the world.
- Ghana produces every year an amount equivalent to 5.5% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Ghana exports 56% of its oil production (55,018 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production