Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Ecuador
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Ecuador holds 8,273,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 19th in the world and accounting for about
0.5% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Ecuador has proven reserves equivalent to 87.5 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 88 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 19th
| Share of World: 0.50 %
88 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Ecuador
Oil Consumption in Ecuador
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Ecuador consumes 259,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Ecuador ranks 47th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.3% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Ecuador consumes 0.66 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 16,491,116 people), or 241 gallons per capita per year (6 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Ecuador
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Ecuador produces
548,378.77 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 28th in the world.
- Ecuador produces every year an amount equivalent to 2.4% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Ecuador exports 76% of its oil production (414,675 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production