Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Vietnam
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Vietnam holds 4,400,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 25th in the world and accounting for about
0.3% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Vietnam has proven reserves equivalent to 25.2 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 25 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 25th
| Share of World: 0.27 %
25 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Vietnam
Oil Consumption in Vietnam
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Vietnam consumes 478,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Vietnam ranks 34th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.5% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Vietnam consumes 0.21 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 93,640,422 people), or 78 gallons per capita per year (2 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Vietnam
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Vietnam produces
313,632.73 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 32nd in the world.
- Vietnam produces every year an amount equivalent to 2.6% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Vietnam exports 47% of its oil production (148,903 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production