Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Peru
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Peru holds 682,681,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 42nd in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Peru has proven reserves equivalent to 7.6 times its annual consumption. This means that, without imports, there would be about 8 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 42nd
| Share of World: 0.04 %
8 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Peru
Oil Consumption in Peru
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Peru consumes 246,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Peru ranks 48th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.3% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Peru consumes 0.33 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 30,926,032 people), or 122 gallons per capita per year (3 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Peru
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Peru produces
141,447.56 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 41st in the world.
- Peru produces every year an amount equivalent to 7.6% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Peru imports 42% of its oil consumption (104,215 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production