Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Mauritania
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Mauritania holds 20,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 83rd in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Mauritania has proven reserves equivalent to 3.2 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 3 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 83rd
| Share of World: 0.00 %
3 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Mauritania
Oil Consumption in Mauritania
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Mauritania consumes 17,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Mauritania ranks 147th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.0% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Mauritania consumes 0.17 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 4,163,533 people), or 63 gallons per capita per year (1 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Mauritania
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Mauritania produces
4,836.07 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 97th in the world.
- Mauritania produces every year an amount equivalent to 8.8% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Mauritania exports 129% of its oil production (6,251 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production