Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Libya
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Libya holds 48,363,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 9th in the world and accounting for about
2.9% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Libya has proven reserves equivalent to 594.2 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 594 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 9th
| Share of World: 2.93 %
594 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Libya
Oil Consumption in Libya
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Libya consumes 223,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Libya ranks 53rd in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.2% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Libya consumes 1.44 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 6,492,162 people), or 527 gallons per capita per year (13 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Libya
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Libya produces
499,396.79 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 30th in the world.
- Libya produces every year an amount equivalent to 0.4% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Libya exports 48% of its oil production (238,501 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production