Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Iraq
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Iraq holds 143,069,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 5th in the world and accounting for about
8.7% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Iraq has proven reserves equivalent to 457.4 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 457 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 5th
| Share of World: 8.67 %
457 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Iraq
Oil Consumption in Iraq
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Iraq consumes 857,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Iraq ranks 26th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.9% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Iraq consumes 0.98 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 36,610,632 people), or 359 gallons per capita per year (9 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Iraq
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Iraq produces
4,443,457.39 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 6th in the world.
- Iraq produces every year an amount equivalent to 1.1% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Iraq exports 80% of its oil production (3,576,636 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production