Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in France
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
France holds 78,431,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 72nd in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Total Oil Reserves in France are less than even a single year of oil consumption (622,532,432 barrels as of 2016), making France highly dependent on oil imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Global Rank: 72nd
| Share of World: 0.00 %
0 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in France
Oil Consumption in France
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- France consumes 1,705,568 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- France ranks 13th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 1.8% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- France consumes 1.11 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 64,667,596 people), or 404 gallons per capita per year (10 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in France
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- France produces
133,014.03 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 43rd in the world.
- France produces every year an amount equivalent to 61.9% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- France imports 64% of its oil consumption (1,091,365 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production