Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Chad
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Chad holds 1,500,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 37th in the world and accounting for about
0.1% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Chad has proven reserves equivalent to 1,787.6 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 1,788 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 37th
| Share of World: 0.09 %
1,788 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Chad
Oil Consumption in Chad
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Chad consumes 2,299 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Chad ranks 194th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.002% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Chad consumes 0.01 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 14,561,660 people), or 2 gallons per capita per year (0 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Chad
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Chad produces
114,000.00 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 46th in the world.
- Chad produces every year an amount equivalent to 2.8% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Chad exports 85% of its oil production (97,079 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production