Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Bolivia
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Bolivia holds 211,450,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 54th in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Bolivia has proven reserves equivalent to 6.4 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 6 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 54th
| Share of World: 0.01 %
6 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Bolivia
Oil Consumption in Bolivia
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Bolivia consumes 90,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Bolivia ranks 83rd in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.1% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Bolivia consumes 0.34 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 11,031,814 people), or 125 gallons per capita per year (3 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Bolivia
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Bolivia produces
77,634.87 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 54th in the world.
- Bolivia produces every year an amount equivalent to 13.4% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Bolivia exports 5% of its oil production (4,260 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production