Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Argentina
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Argentina holds 2,379,702,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 33rd in the world and accounting for about
0.1% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Argentina has proven reserves equivalent to 9.2 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 9 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 33rd
| Share of World: 0.14 %
9 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Argentina
Oil Consumption in Argentina
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Argentina consumes 709,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Argentina ranks 27th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.7% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Argentina consumes 0.68 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 43,508,460 people), or 250 gallons per capita per year (6 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Argentina
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Argentina produces
708,770.15 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 26th in the world.
- Argentina produces every year an amount equivalent to 10.9% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Argentina exports 5% of its oil production (37,750 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production