Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Angola
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Angola holds 8,423,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 18th in the world and accounting for about
0.5% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Angola has proven reserves equivalent to 173.5 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 174 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 18th
| Share of World: 0.51 %
174 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Angola
Oil Consumption in Angola
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Angola consumes 133,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Angola ranks 71st in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.1% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Angola consumes 0.19 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 28,842,489 people), or 71 gallons per capita per year (2 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Angola
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Angola produces
1,796,742.75 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 16th in the world.
- Angola produces every year an amount equivalent to 7.8% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Angola exports 94% of its oil production (1,681,354 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production