Turkey Natural Gas
(Data shown is for 2015, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
| ||Million Cubic Ft |
|Global Rank |
| ||218,000 ||84th in the world |
| ||13,455 ||74th in the world |
| ||1,697,310 ||16th in the world |
| -1,683,855 || |
|1,710,200 || |
|22,037 || |
| ||1,688,163 || |
Gas Reserves in Turkey
See also: List of countries by Gas Reserves
only 0.13 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven gas reserves as of 2017, ranking 84th in the world and accounting for about
0.002% of the world's total natural gas reserves of 6,923 Tcf.
Total gas reserves in Turkey are less than even a single year of gas consumption (1,892,812 MMcf as of 2017), making Turkey highly dependent on natural gas imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Turkey Gas Reserves
Global Rank: 84th
| Share of World's Gas: 0.002 %
0 years of natural gas left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Gas Reserves in Turkey
Gas Consumption in Turkey
See also: List of countries by Gas Consumption
- Turkey consumes 1,892,812 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year as of the year 2017.
- Turkey ranks 16th in the world for natural gas consumption, accounting for about 1.4% of the world's total consumption of 132,290,211 MMcf.
- Turkey consumes 23,334 cubic feet of natural gas per capita every year (based on the 2017 population of 81,116,450 people), or 64 cubic feet per capita per day.
- Turkey consumes in a year 14.4 times more than its total reserves. It substains this consumption by importing 1,946,596 MMcf of natural gas per year (in 2017).
Gas Production in Turkey
See also: List of countries by Gas Production
- Turkey produces
13,455.02 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year (as of 2015) ranking 74th in the world.
- Turkey imports 99% of its natural gas consumption (1,688,163 MMcf in 2015).
History of Gas Consumption and Production