Taiwan Natural Gas
Summary Table(Data shown is for 2015, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Gas Reserves in Taiwan
See also: List of countries by Gas Reserves
only 0.22 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven gas reserves as of 2017, ranking 83rd in the world and accounting for about
0.003% of the world's total natural gas reserves of 6,923 Tcf.
Total gas reserves in Taiwan are less than even a single year of gas consumption (793,139 MMcf as of 2017), making Taiwan highly dependent on natural gas imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Taiwan Gas Reserves
Global Rank: 83rd
| Share of World's Gas: 0.003 %
0 years of natural gas left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Gas Reserves in Taiwan
Gas Consumption in Taiwan
See also: List of countries by Gas Consumption
- Taiwan consumes 793,139 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year as of the year 2017.
- Taiwan ranks 37th in the world for natural gas consumption, accounting for about 0.6% of the world's total consumption of 132,290,211 MMcf.
- Taiwan consumes 33,502 cubic feet of natural gas per capita every year (based on the 2017 population of 23,674,546 people), or 92 cubic feet per capita per day.
- Taiwan consumes in a year 3.6 times more than its total reserves. It substains this consumption by importing 781,838 MMcf of natural gas per year (in 2017).
Gas Production in Taiwan
See also: List of countries by Gas Production
- Taiwan produces
12,572.14 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year (as of 2015) ranking 75th in the world.
- Taiwan imports 98% of its natural gas consumption (684,758 MMcf in 2015).
History of Gas Consumption and Production