Japan Natural Gas
(Data shown is for 2015, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
| ||Million Cubic Ft |
|Global Rank |
| ||738,000 ||73rd in the world |
| ||99,836 ||59th in the world |
| ||4,364,157 ||5th in the world |
| -4,264,322 || |
|4,160,849 || |
|0 || |
| ||4,160,849 || |
Gas Reserves in Japan
See also: List of countries by Gas Reserves
only 0.74 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven gas reserves as of 2017, ranking 73rd in the world and accounting for about
0.011% of the world's total natural gas reserves of 6,923 Tcf.
Total gas reserves in Japan are less than even a single year of gas consumption (4,492,985 MMcf as of 2017), making Japan highly dependent on natural gas imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Japan Gas Reserves
Global Rank: 73rd
| Share of World's Gas: 0.011 %
0 years of natural gas left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Gas Reserves in Japan
Gas Consumption in Japan
See also: List of countries by Gas Consumption
- Japan consumes 4,492,985 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year as of the year 2017.
- Japan ranks 5th in the world for natural gas consumption, accounting for about 3.4% of the world's total consumption of 132,290,211 MMcf.
- Japan consumes 35,238 cubic feet of natural gas per capita every year (based on the 2017 population of 127,502,725 people), or 97 cubic feet per capita per day.
- Japan consumes in a year 6.1 times more than its total reserves. It substains this consumption by importing 4,119,091 MMcf of natural gas per year (in 2017).
Gas Production in Japan
See also: List of countries by Gas Production
- Japan produces
99,835.51 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year (as of 2015) ranking 59th in the world.
- Japan imports 95% of its natural gas consumption (4,160,849 MMcf in 2015).
History of Gas Consumption and Production