Germany Natural Gas
(Data shown is for 2015, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
| ||Million Cubic Ft |
|Global Rank |
| ||2,048,000 ||59th in the world |
| ||337,258 ||48th in the world |
| ||2,872,840 ||8th in the world |
| -2,535,582 || |
|3,620,388 || |
|1,147,949 || |
| ||2,472,438 || |
Gas Reserves in Germany
See also: List of countries by Gas Reserves
only 1.48 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven gas reserves as of 2017, ranking 59th in the world and accounting for about
0.021% of the world's total natural gas reserves of 6,923 Tcf.
Total gas reserves in Germany are less than even a single year of gas consumption (3,296,687 MMcf as of 2017), making Germany highly dependent on natural gas imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Germany Gas Reserves
Global Rank: 59th
| Share of World's Gas: 0.021 %
0 years of natural gas left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Gas Reserves in Germany
Gas Consumption in Germany
See also: List of countries by Gas Consumption
- Germany consumes 3,296,687 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year as of the year 2017.
- Germany ranks 8th in the world for natural gas consumption, accounting for about 2.5% of the world's total consumption of 132,290,211 MMcf.
- Germany consumes 39,883 cubic feet of natural gas per capita every year (based on the 2017 population of 82,658,409 people), or 109 cubic feet per capita per day.
- Germany consumes in a year 2.2 times more than its total reserves. It substains this consumption by importing 4,219,113 MMcf of natural gas per year (in 2017).
Gas Production in Germany
See also: List of countries by Gas Production
- Germany produces
337,258.25 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year (as of 2015) ranking 48th in the world.
- Germany imports 86% of its natural gas consumption (2,472,438 MMcf in 2015).
History of Gas Consumption and Production